We help companies to innovate using software, from the biggest global internet brands to the latest start-up disruptors. Our technology focus is on state of the art open-source software across the full stack, complemented by our agile approach and our platform frameworks that offer accelerated time to market.
As a Frontend Developer you will develop user interface solutions for complex and rich, interactive web applications.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate your ideas with your team and clients. You’re an all-rounder with an eye for User Experience, technical knowledge, and learning new techniques. As part of our engineering team you will also have the opportunity to participate in our technology evaluations, prototyping activities, and contribute to open source projects.
We are all about people, so trust is really important to us. We don’t do hierarchy – we do openness and opportunity, building teams that span from experienced leaders to bright graduates in a mentoring culture.
And we like to balance things, like respect and care with challenging standards; or health-care and fruit with other less healthy free stuff. Situated between the mountains and the sea in the heart of Blackrock village in Dublin, our offices are surrounded by social and sports amenities within a few minutes of the DART.
What you can expect be doing:
- Writing clean, well-commented, and maintainable code in an agile environment.
- Working closely with both Designers and Developers to build responsive web applications in an agile environment
- Contributing towards design improvements and User Experience
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and provide innovative new ideas and solutions
What you will need for this role:
- 2 or more years commercial software development experience
- Experience with Angular, React, Node.JS or other JS frameworks
- Experience in responsive web design and cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility
- A natural flair for design and creativity
- Ability to design and develop secure maintainable code in an agile environment
- 2:1 or better Computer Science (or equivalent) Honours degree or postgraduate degree
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Java EE or other enterprise backend technology stacks to help you cooperate with server-side developers
- Experience working with Less CSS or Sass CSS
What you can expect in return:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fresh fruit, fragrant tea and good coffee. Knowing how to use an aeropress is an advantage.
- Healthcare package, but also less healthy cake-related stuff on Fridays.
- Regular team outings and an annual overseas 'challenge'
- Nestled between the mountains and the sea, we're just a few minutes walk from the DART in scenic Blackrock village.
- If two wheels are more your thing, we have secure, indoor bicycle parking too.